Osprey Hydraform Reservoir | Hydraulics 2 Liter
The Osprey Hydraform Reservoir design sandwiches an anatomically shaped molded plastic sheet between a layer of nylon fabric and the reservoir back. This forces the reservoir to conform to the back’s complex shape, even when full. The result is a more precise, stable and comfortable fit.
Additionally, this reservoir has a rigid handle/spine that stabilizes the load of the water while also serving as a more convenient design to slide the reservoir into the pack.
The HydraLock™ internal frame of the Osprey Hydraform Reservoir provides a dedicated space for the reservoir, so that cargo volume is not affected by a full reservoir. It effectively squeezes the reservoir, supplying hydraulic pressure to increase the flow and minimize water motion. It also provides a perfect anchor point for the vertical spine of the reservoir, preventing lateral instability and locking the water load in the overall pack structure. The reservoir is further compressed at the top end with load lifter straps. This keeps the pack stabilized during recurring and unexpected motion.
- Features of Osprey Hydraform Reservoir | Hydraulics 2 Liter:
- Built to pharmaceutical biocompatibility specifications to assure taste and odor free hydration
- Contains AquaGuard™ anti-microbial formula to prevent bacteria and mold
- BPA and PVC free
- Conforms to the back of the reservoir so it doesn't barrel out
- Ridgid spine makes it easy to put in and take out of the pack
- Magnetic Sternum Strap Buckle
- On/Off valve
- Capacity (fl. oz.) - 70 fluid ounces
- Average weight - 8.8 ounces
- Wide-mouth opening - Yes
- Bite valve shut-off switch - Yes