Counter Assault Bear Spray | Bear Deterrent
Counter Assault bear spray deterrent was produced from a research study at the University of Montana that included bear biologists and then was extensively field tested by bear management specialists. During the development stages, Counter Assault carefully listened to wildlife management specialists, outfitters and individuals that were involved in bear maulings. During the original testing, guidelines were established based on their experience with black and grizzly bears. Counter Assault's performance specifications were also based on spraying extremely agitated bears that were removed from our parks and forests for being too aggressive. Counter Assault has continued to monitor the suggestions and recommendations from bear experts who work for our state and federal agencies and have reaffirmed these recommendations over the past 18 years.
Counter Assault Bear Spray cannot be shipped to Canada.
- Features of Counter Assault Bear Spray:
- 8.1 oz. (230 gram)
- Effective against aggressive Black or Grizzly Bears!
- Original developer and manufacturer of bear pepper spray
- Only University Tested Bear Pepper Spray 1980-1986.
- Original Developer & Manufacturer - Incorporated 1986.
- Innovator of The Fogger Technology.
- 1st EPA registered - Established industry standards 1997.
- Recipient of the Grizzly Bear Stewardship Award 1998.
- Meets or Exceeds Bear Biologist Recommendations
- 30 Feet of range
- 7.2 Seconds of continuous spray
- All EPA registered bear deterrents are derived from Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) and have a Megaphone Shaped Cloud Spray Pattern.